Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Progress Report: Wistariahurst

I decided that for my piece at Wistariahurst, I would once again cannibalize, update, or reconfigure some existing pieces from my repertoire- hoping that I finally get them right and that they will leave me be..let me move on. I want to the presence of the untouchable in the room to be undeniable. Instead of concentrating on being a period purist, I instead want to deal with issues that permeate the time gap. I've decided to go for technicolor, contemporary materials which are dispersed and arranged throughout the space in such a way that their placement within the room may be jarring, like seeing through to another dimension. 

I've been wondering whether or not I'm a surrealist? Ah..if only it were as simple as trusting in my dreams. 

Over the past couple of days working in my studio, I feel like I've hit my stride. Plowed through the agony-wall and dove head-long into some sort of visual-language building. Decision making minus all of the hesitation. Probably having a deadline real means there is no time for all of this second guessing- what does your gut tell you? double check it with your heart, then your brain..everybody in? Good. NEXT. go. 

colorful ric-rac edged ruffles

flower arrangement

new apron with swan riding heart

second flower arrangement

Angela Zammarelli gave me a box of 1000 red plastc swords- base of  effigy pillar

mop head with chandelier beads (from Carolyn Clayton) underneath skirt

1 comment:

  1. It all looks amazing! I want to come see it in person.

    ReplyDelete