Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

over it.


it was cathartic.
but the thought of continuing to work in this vein makes me crawl in my flesh. there's a fine line that this investigation rubs up against. Dangerously close to being confessional. As close as I care to come without wallowing.

It's time to switch gears. Got some projects in the works and others in my brain.

For now, here's some documentation from "Legacy Strike" (up at Historic Northampton through October 3, 2013)
mourning portrait- embroidery on silk : collection of Historic Northampton



 In  "Repeat" I have altered a chair which came to be mine after the death of my grandmother.  The title refers simultaneously to the human tendency for repeating mistakes (personally and en mass historically) and to the term "repeat" in a printed fabric (the frequency at which a motif will repeat itself down the textile). These predictable patterns have been thwarted; dissected and rearranged. The result is an object that appears to be both wounded and furtive. 

inside of the curtain



No comments:

Post a Comment